Hygiene: sex toy hygiene
Good hygiene is important for you and your clients. Here are some tips.
Sex toy hygiene
Bodily fluids can survive outside the body for a while. Below are some tips on how to keep sex toys clean:
- Always put a condom on the sex toy.
- Do not share sex toys. If you do, put a new condom over the toy.
- Clean the sex toy thoroughly after every customer. Read the instruction leaflet of the toy.
- First rinse the attributes with water, then wash them with soap.
- Rinse and let dry.
- Dip the sex toy into a disinfectant, especially when it has been used internally and shows traces of blood, faeces, urine, semen or vaginal fluid.
- Some parts of a vibrator may not be completely waterproof and should therefore not be submerged in water.
- Disinfect leather and metal objects with a cleaning product with an alcohol content of 70 %.
- Immerse rubber objects and vibrators in a disinfectant solution, such as Dettol in water, for five minutes.