Violett acknowledges the importance of your privacy. Discretion and trust constitute the basis of our services. We handle personal data with utmost care. Whatever you say at Violett stays at Violett. Each Violett support worker is bound by professional confidentiality.
Whose data do we keep?
- Violett will limit the processing of your personal data to those data that are minimally required. For most clients we have no identification details, just a professional name and a date of birth;
- If more details are needed, we will ask for your explicit consent;
- We have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data;
- We do not pass on personal data to third parties unless this is required for the purpose for which we requested them (for instance a referral from our doctor to a gynaecologist);
Which personal data can we request?
You can see our doctors anonymously, with your professional name and date of birth. This is our basic principle. Depending on your query, we might ask you for the following data:
- professional name
- last name
- first name
- date of birth
- telephone number
We will only use these data for the purpose for which these were provided.
Why do we process your personal data?
We store clients’ personal data for the following 3 purposes:
- To keep a medical and social file, so we can offer suitable support with the necessary continuity;
- To stay in touch with you, for instance to be able to inform you of medical results or an appointment;
- To enable us to draw up reports for the government. In these reports, your anonymity will always be respected and no personal data about you as a person will ever be passed on.
What does your file contain?
Only data which are important for the support provided: what you told us about you and your family situation, administrative matters, your queries and issues, information on the support provided and contacts with others. A medical file contains all medical information you have shared with our doctors or health workers.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to consult your own file.
- You have the right to have data corrected or removed.
- You can inform us which confidential information you prefer not be included in your file.
If it is necessary for the smooth running of the support provided, the support worker will discuss your situation with colleagues within the team.
How long do we store your data?
We store personal data no longer than necessary. We are committed to keep your data up-to-date.
We have taken suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing.
At most, we use your professional name and date of birth to create and follow up your file. This way, nobody can discover your identity from the file.
If it is necessary to ask for your real identity, we will only use it when absolutely necessary. If we need to use your real identity in contacts with other support organisations, we will only do so after consulting you.
We work with a recognised medical record system for the storage of all medical data. These data are electronically encrypted.
We make back-ups of personal data so we can restore them in case of any incidents.
We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
Our staff members are aware of the importance of personal data protection.
In case of an emergency
In serious cases or when there is a danger to self or others, the support worker may breach professional confidentiality. He may inform other support workers or services and ask for help to solve the emergency.
In emergency situations, the support worker may exceptionally do this without your consent. However, we will always try to discuss this first with you.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly.
You are always entitled to file a complaint with the Privacy Committee. This is an authority which supervises privacy protection.
Violett houdt zich aan de privacy wetten, zoals de Algemene Verordening Gegevens Bescherming.
Violett is verantwoordelijk voor de verwerking van je persoonsgegevens. Indien je na het doornemen van onze privacyverklaring vragen hebt of contact met ons wil opnemen, dan kan dit via deze weg:
Violett Antwerpen (Ghapro vzw)
Verversrui 3, 2000 Antwerpen
03/293 95 91
Violett Gent en Hasselt (Pasop vzw)
Brabantdam 100B, 9000 Gent
09/233 47 67